Monday, October 24, 2011

Ryan is turning 2!

Good gracious where does time go?  Our baby boy is turning 2, which means we are in full swing toddler mode!  This little man is so full of life, he always has us on our toes, and is a smart little booger!  If he is not jumping from the sofa to the ottoman, than he is swinging from the rail on the stairs.  If you can’t find him, he is most likely driving his cars and airplanes on windowsills or daddy’s TV. Or possibly feeding Toby an extra snack and testing it out too. Ryan could be outside all day long looking at bugs, snails, lizards, and whatever else we might find. He loves to be my helper, and is by my side in the kitchen making goodies, or pulling the grapes from the stems. It is so fun to see what he loves most, and right now that has been dinosaurs, airplanes, and motorcycles.  Living on base and right next to the air field has only made his love for airplanes grow stronger; you will often hear Ryan say “See, see, airplane!  Mommy airplane, see! "  I cherish the most innocent moments of his toddler hood, it is such a joy to be at home with him and see him grow into this little man God has made him to be.  The sweetest moment I have witnessed yet, was one night we were praying, and I said Amen. He usually likes to chime in with a big AMENNNN! But this night he kept his hands together and said “Daddy home, Amen”.  He loves his Daddy, and usually runs and cheers when Daddy comes home. The time away makes the home comings that much more special.  Jamie and I are so blessed to have him in our lives, God truly knows how to bless us with someone so loving, so courageous, so challenging, and so stinking ornery!  He brings out the best in us and challenges us in ways I never thought possible from a TWO year old!






          
The boots were often seen during the summer, and sometimes a winter hat! Yes, he already tells me no and likes to pick out his own clothes and shoes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber...your written post made me tear up. Very beautifully written. I always say this...I am so happy for you. I love that you share you life for your friends and family to see. I will agree with "where does time go?". These pictures made me sit back and think where did the last 2 years go? He is so big. His prayer moment is so precious. I can't wait to see you in less than 2 weeks. Great pictures. Really captures this time rightnow for him and you.
~Kristie Jean Boyer

Moxie Photo said...

Thanks for your kind words Kristie, we are looking forward to seeing you as well!