Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The "B" Family


Military life can take us on journeys that we never realized we could handle. When you say good bye to a loved one no matter the time it is always hard in any situation. The anticipation leading up to a deployment  is one of the hardest things I have done yet. Watching your spouse walk away to go to a combat zone is the most heart wrenching and stressful moment that anyone can endure. Though this is our first deployment, I have learned that it doesn't matter how many times they have gone it is always hard. The military spouse is strong though, we wipe off our tears and carry on. Let yourself get mad..scream, cry, get mad…then put your big girl panties on and get it done! We do it because we honor and love our soldier. The best advice I have heard is to embrace and extend your arms to everyone you meet along your military journey and know that these friendships, bonds and the sisterhood developed will guide you through the good times, the bad and all the things in between. Family is the most important thing and the military family is one of the strongest bonds that exist. To my extended military family thank you for your service, dedication and devotion. I’ve had to depend on myself and the very close friends I have made while being here. There are other spouses who can relate, and support you.Your situation is never unique–someone else has already been through it and can help you in some way. Mike and Jenna have played a huge role in my support system I have built up here. Mike is first to pitch in where ever needed, and takes time to show each of my children love and affection when we visit. Jenna is so loving and has such a big heart, always there to be a support and listen.  I could go on and on about all my friends and my support system I have.....My biggest hope is that I maybe  as much of a support for you, as what your family has shown to mine. Mike, thank you for your service, our prayers are with you, we will see you soon! Jenna sleep overs and a girlie movie can be arranged! -Love ya guys!








 

                             



No comments: